Welcome!

My name is Ashley. I am 24 yrs old and I am running my first 1/2 Marathon on 3.7.10. I will be heading from Boston to Orlando to run the 2010 Disney Princess Half Marathon. Please enjoy my journey over the next months, as I track my training and thoughts about becoming a runner!

My 1/2 Marathon is in....

Monday, February 8, 2010

PR 5K and 10K!!!

Yesterday I ran the Super Sunday 10K in Boston. This race was also a 5K. The 10K was 2 loops instead of 1. First off it was a sunny day around 15-18 degrees with 20 m/h winds....not the best running conditions. I ran the race with my friend Derly. She is a fellow WW girl and avid runner. We told ourselves that we could do this and there would be no stopping. Mentally it was very hard to get to the finish line and know that for the 5Kers it was over and we had another 3.1 miles to go. Somehow we managed to pull through the wind block and finished breaking my 5K and 10K record. I ran my first in October. You can check out that experience here. My 5k time was 30:50 and my 10K time was 1:02:38. I don't know how I managed to do that but I did and I am super happy. I have a 10Miler in 2 weeks! I dont expect to run that as fast but I will use it as my last big run before my first Half Marathon 2 weeks later!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Okay, so I was wondering (on DM) how you did the two races, but I get it now. Well done, friend! I also got the answer to my question on DM about long runs. I left you a question there about meeting up that Saturday. Would love to get together for dinner...working on putting together a little past/carbo-loading fun. :-) Are you in??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha... that's 'pastA'/carbo-loading!

    ReplyDelete