Welcome!

My name is Ashley. I am 24 yrs old and I am running my first 1/2 Marathon on 3.7.10. I will be heading from Boston to Orlando to run the 2010 Disney Princess Half Marathon. Please enjoy my journey over the next months, as I track my training and thoughts about becoming a runner!

My 1/2 Marathon is in....

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Struggling/Confession of a Nervous Runner

Ok Folks I have only a little more than a month left until I run my first 1/2 marathon. The last "long" run I had was a few weeks ago. I have been having a hard time running alone. My friend Trish usually does long 9-10 mile runs with me. I didnt run 2 weekends ago at all. This sunday I only ran over 3 with walking in between which I never do. Part of that is that I had WAY too many layers on and I was burning up. I missed run club due to snow last week. Well today in Boston it is Sunny and 40 degrees. I WILL run 5 miles tonight at run club and then run 11 this weekend.

I know that I will have the strength to run the 13.1 to the finish in disney I just need to get up a little closer to feel confident and get my running mojo back. I have also had knee pain ever since my first 9 mile run which makes me a bit nervous now. Hopefully this isnt permanant.

I have a 10K race on February 7th and a 10 Mile run on Feburary 21st which will be my last long run before the race most likely. I am going to try to run the 10K at race pace, but I may not run the 10 mile at race pace just to avoid injury. At least its 2 weeks before.

So thats the update...hopefully I find the motivation I need to get back in the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment